Meteorological madness

Posted Mar 16, 2004 in Weather.

Yesterday's weather was gorgeous. The Sun was shining, the temperature was almost 60° fahrenheit, and I had my arm sticking out of my car window as I drove home from college. Sixteen hours later, however, everything is different.

The temperature outside is now 30°, and there is heavy snow falling. The forecast suggests an inch or two, but as I look out of the window I am confident it will be surpassed.

It does make me appreciate how amazing weather can be sometimes. This is the south east of Pennsylvania, a place not normally given to such sudden weather changes. The drop in temperature and the amount of snow falling is something of a suprise to me.

Comments

Regular reader, first time poster...

Yep...I live in Norristown and work in Concordville and the drive down the Blue Route was rough this morning. It seems like this happens every year...spring shows its head and then retreats to let winter have one last blast.

Posted by Todd on Mar 16, 2004.

I live in West Norriton and had to drive to Fort Washington this morning. My 2WD truck was sliding all over the road. Can't wait to get something with some power and 4WD.

Posted by Steve on Mar 16, 2004.

Steve, I live near the Norristown High School and it wasn't snowing when I left for work. All of the sudden on Germantown Pike the snow starts falling heavy. Weather is weird around here.

Posted by Todd on Mar 16, 2004.

Cool. No, that is not a pun because of the weather. I think that it is cool that there are two dudes from around this area reading this blog.

For the record, I plough up and down (okay, that IS a pun) the Blue Route and the Northeast Extension of the Pennsylvania Turnpike every day. I'm in Swarthmore, but my college is just south of Allentown. I graduate next week, so I can wave goodbye to that drive soon!

Posted by Simon Jessey on Mar 16, 2004.

Yeah, that is pretty cool. Sometimes it makes you think that the web is a small world. What are the chances that 2 people who live in West Norriton would be reading the same blog huh?

Posted by Todd on Mar 16, 2004.

Well I have to agree with you on the weather Simon. If the weather is not bad enough for me, I had to wake up hubby to take me to the doctor (he was a bit crabby...lol), but then I find out that I might have strep throut. Then to top it all of we had problems with his insurance (what else could go wrong with my day).

I think the only good thing from today being at home is the fact that I was able to apply for a job, close to me in Reading.

Well I am left to sit here and ponder school or no school tomorrow that is the question. Oh by the way I thought this would be a better way of letting you know how i made out today, because I think you look at this more than the other ways I try to get a hold of you.....lmao

Posted by Wanda on Mar 16, 2004.