Savages

Posted Nov 16, 2004 in Personal, Politics, War.

BBC News is reporting that Margaret Hassan, the aid worker kidnapped in Iraq, may have been killed by her kidnappers.

Dubliner Margaret Hassan lived in Iraq for 30 years, after falling in love with the country and its people. She learned Arabic and converted to Islam after marrying her Iraqi husband. Working with CARE International, Hassan dedicated her life to helping the poorest and most disadvantaged people in Iraq.

My message to the fucking savages who murdered her is this: The whole world hates you and your kind. Your actions will only harm your cause. I hope your own deaths will be extraordinarly painful, involving many days of agonizing torture.

Comments

Since no body has been discovered, there is no confirmation for this story; however, the video showed a blindfolded woman, believed to by Hassan, being shot in the head by one of the aforementioned fucking savages.

Posted by Simon Jessey on Nov 16, 2004.

I'm glad I'm not alone in being ENRAGED by these savage's latest barbarous act. Their brutal stupidity defies belief.

Posted by Matthew on Nov 17, 2004.

Hey, Matthew. I was just looking at your website - very slick!

Posted by Simon Jessey on Nov 17, 2004.

Makes me sick to my stomach (this whole ordeal, not his website).

I think barbaric is too nice of a term for these monsters who wear hoods to hide their cowardly faces from the people they murder. I don't usually watch CNN but they had a special report about this woman and all of the things she did for the Iraqi people and I still cannot believe that she was murdered out of religious Jihad, or whatever they want to call it. Ugh. I am at a loss of words for the way I feel.

Posted by Stephan Segraves on Nov 17, 2004.

I cannot for the life of me understand why these repulsive creatures should do this sort of thing. What do they hope to gain by it? Some of the kidnappings have been ransom-related, but most have been politically motivated.

Some countries have removed themselves from Iraq. You must never give in to terrorists. Because of those simple-minded idiots, the kidnappers seem to have got it into their heads that the US and Britain will eventually do the same. How wrong they are.

Posted by Simon Jessey on Nov 17, 2004.

Agreed. I hideous afront to anyone's sense of morality or justice.

Though, for the sake of balance,

Posted by Paul Nixon on Nov 18, 2004.

*Blushes* Thanks Simon, one day it'll be nearly as good as yours

Posted by Matthew on Nov 18, 2004.

:: Thanks Simon, one day it'll be nearly as good as yours ::

Are you kidding? I was looking at what you had done with the thick borders and graduated background and wondering if I could incorporate them in to a project of my own.

Posted by Simon Jessey on Nov 18, 2004.

Hey Simon, I really like the website :) Nice design!

Posted by William Bowers on Nov 25, 2004.