It has been three months since I last mentioned the amazing deal that my preferred web hosting company was offering. Since then the offer has been both extended and improved! Incredibly, DreamHost is offering all this from just $15.95 per month:
- 97-day money back guarantee
- 24-hour technical support
- 7,680 megabytes of disk storage!
- 192 gigabytes of monthly bandwidth!
- Unlimited MySQL databases
- 3000 POP3 or IMAP email accounts
- 375 shell/FTP accounts
- A free domain name
- As many as 15 domains fully hosted
- 75 subdomains
- Custom DNS
- All the bells and whistles you'd expect - included a free Miva merchant license
- Spam filtering with SpamAssassin
- Any top-level domain supported
There's other stuff that I didn't bother listing, including a brilliant control panel that makes controlling your domains a complete doddle. Bloggers will be impressed with the one-click install of WordPress.
What has particularly impressed me is that DreamHost has coped admirably with a fairly rapid expansion. I've been with them since last summer, and the only outage I have experienced was a few hours where emails were bouncing. My websites, including my databases, have never been down (as far as I'm aware). Requests for technical support have always been answered rapidly and succinctly, and the customer forum they maintain has always been able to answer most questions that people have.
Because I have been so satisfied with DreamHost, I gradually moved all my domains (including all of my clients) over to their service. Doing so has saved me money, and made it much easier to manage everything.