Soon to be released...

Posted Jun 10, 2005 in Movies.

I've always loved the big screen. The cinematic experience is unbeatable entertainment, if the right movie is playing. The next two months feature an exciting line-up of blockbusters that I hope to be able to see:

There are plenty more, but going to the cinema is expensive, so I usually only see “blockbusters” there. What movies are you looking forward to seeing?

Comments

I keep hearing good things about the Batman movie, but the trailer looks like just more typical Hollywood crap. I have no idea how it will turn out.

I'm just counting the days until X-Men 3.

Posted by Graham on Jun 10, 2005.

I'm somewhat concerned at the change of director for the third X-Men movie. Singer left because he was being asked to work with a crappy script, and that script hasn't changed (as far as I know). I'd be inclined to think that "Superman Returns" will end up being a better movie (even if its title is lame).

As for Batman, it CAN'T be any worse than that God-awful shit we were last served up with.

Posted by Simon Jessey on Jun 10, 2005.

I am looking forward to War of the Worlds, Batman Begins, and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Johnny Depp, from the pictures at least, is an amazing Willy Wonka. The Umpa Lumpa's aren't the right color though! :-(

Not too excited about Fantastic Four, but then again, I was never a fan of the comic. Mr. and Mrs. Smith looks good but I'll wait till some of my friends see it so that they waste their money if it sucks and I save mine.

Batman should be good, although Graham's right, the trailer looks like the 'same ole, same ole'...

Posted by Stephan Segraves on Jun 13, 2005.

I'll be seeing "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" later today, so I'll let you know what I think.

I never read ANY comic books, but I have fond memories of cartoons featuring "The Fantastic Four", "Batman", and others.

Posted by Simon Jessey on Jun 13, 2005.

I actually try and see about 3 or so movies a week and thought Mr. and Mrs. Smith was entertaining.

War of the Worlds looks awesome, Fantastic Four... ehhh. I'm actually looking forward to High Tension, a grizzly French horror movie I will be seeing this Thursday.

Posted by Stephen Collins on Jun 13, 2005.

I REALLY hope they don't mess up X-men 3, but Simon is right: The change in directors is a bit scary. I think that I heard that the new director is the guy that did "Rush Hour" and "Rush Hour 2"(?).

Posted by Graham on Jun 13, 2005.