Quick plug-in 7

Posted Sep 27, 2005 in Personal.

I went to my first Sonic today. It may not sound like anything special to you, but to an Englishman who absolutely loves cheeseburgers, it is quite an event. The English don't have drive-ins. They have drive-throughs, a relatively recent thing, but the concept of actually sitting in your car and eating food that is brought to you is totally alien. Another reason that the event was such a big deal is that there are no Sonic's in Pennsylvania (at the moment), and yet we constantly get to see television advertising for them. Anyway, the best bit of the meal was a rather nice banana milkshake. On Saturday, I might have a steak, egg and cheese burrito!

Comments

Never been a big fan of Sonic food, but the shakes and ice cream products are great.

Posted by gas guzzler on Sep 27, 2005.

You need to get out to Frazier, PA and go to Cheeburger CheeBurger and try the 20oz burger that they sell, called the 'Pounder'. It's quite tastey.

Posted by Stephen Collins on Sep 27, 2005.

My wife told me about Cheeburger Cheeburger. She says they have pictures on the wall of people eating the 20oz burgers. 20 ounces? Pah. Child's play.

Posted by Simon Jessey on Sep 27, 2005.

If you like cheeseburgers, Kevin O'Connor from www.mymcdiet.com will show you the love he has for the food. He is a McDieter, it is a diet that consists of only McDonalds food. Hence McDiet. He is planning a new diet to lose 100 pounds on fast food. He really loses weight but does it by walking. His documented cholesterol lowering is fantastic. I think I need to give up seaweed.

Posted by sam on Sep 29, 2005.

Yes I was very excited indeed when I visited my cousin in Louisiana a couple years ago and found that there was a Sonic right down the street from her apartment. After seeing the commercials for so long (Why? No Sonic in PA!) I could finally say I ate there. Pretty tasty :)

Posted by Andrea Piernock Barrish on Oct 03, 2005.

"Why? No Sonic in PA!"

Since Sonic are Drive-Ins only, they have concentrated only on the more southerly states. They don't have an "eat in" store type, as far as I'm aware. It would be fine in the summer months, but I doubt Sonics would get much winter business in northern climes.

Posted by Simon Jessey on Oct 04, 2005.

I second the love of Sonic. I lived in Texas for eight months and I frequented sonic whilst I was there. I highly suggest the "Frito™ pie" otherwise known as chili with Fritos™ on top. Glad to have you as my teacher. ;^D

Posted by Steve Holsinger on Oct 23, 2005.