DreamHost was one of the first hosting companies to introduce “one-click” installations of WordPress and other often-used web applications. Now those clever chaps have updated their system so that it can do application upgrades as well.
It means that thousands of WordPress users can use the installer in DreamHost's funky control panel to upgrade to WordPress 2.0 if they wish.
Meanwhile, the chaps have been busy improving other areas of their hosting packages. I use their Code Monster package, which only costs $15.95 per month. Currently it offers:
- 60 gigabytes of disk space, increasing automatically by 480 megabytes every week.
- 1.6 terabytes (yes, you read that correctly) of bandwidth per month, automatically increasing by another 16 gigabytes per week.
- Unlimited domains.
- Unlimited subdomains.
- Unlimited MySQL databases.
- A free domain name.
- Custom DNS configuration.
- All the usual advanced extras, from Quicktime streaming to WebDAV.