A gaming revolution

Posted Apr 28, 2006 in Miscellaneous.

One of the world's most successful console manufacturers, Simtrendo, announced the name of their new, high-powered system today. Poo™ is to be bundled with a year's supply of Reader's Digest and Charmin.

The design of the device has been met with some criticism, with many users preferring the original oval shape over the more compact circular model; however, many potential buyers rave over the unit's high capacity and comfortable molded interface.

More information about the name change can be found at the official site.

Comments

At first I'm just like wtf o.O and then I realized what you posted.

Wii. Heh, such a funny name.

After reading this, is it safe to asume you game?

Posted by James Henry on May 01, 2006.

"After reading this, is it safe to asume you game?"

Not really, no. The whole console thing passed me by, and I never caught the PC gaming bug either. The exceptions to this rule are pretty much anything by id Software - I play Doom, Doom 2, Doom 3, Quake, Quake 2, and Return to Castle Wolfenstein all the time. In fact, I shelled-out megabucks to get an ATI Radeon X850 XT Platinum Edition "arse-roaster" video card so that I could play Doom 3.

Posted by Simon Jessey on May 02, 2006.

Ah, stickin' with the corridors shooters :)

Posted by James Henry on May 02, 2006.

Yeah, I've always preferred first-person perspective games - right back to pioneers like Wolfenstein 3D.

Posted by Simon Jessey on May 02, 2006.

I'm a huge fan of FPS's myself on the PC's since the I played a demo called Half-Life (1999ish). Before that though I was mostly a console gamer (my first being NES - Nintendo Entertainment System).

Ofcourse I've gone back and played the originals like Duke Nukem 3D, Doom, Quake (purchased Quake III a few years back) but recently I've been stuck playing Half-Life 2, Guild Wars and Xpand Rally (I'm a huge fan of Rally(e) racing believe it or not.) Other favorites include Battlefield 1942, Battlefield 2, Unreal Tournament 2004 and Halo: Combat Evolved. It's strange but the simple shooters always seem the funnest.

I suggest you try level designing. It's rather fun and makes you appreciate even the crappiest levels as you see how much work goes into them. Also, you can pack a room with loads of ammo and weapons (including the BFG baby!!!) and then walk out and have hordes of enemies spawn and go on a massive killin spree annihiliating everything that moves. Nothing is greater than having your favorite music blasting and laying your finger down on the MOUSE1 button (or ctrl :D) and just watching blood splatter and watching your foes fall to the ground.

In regards to your video card... such a beautiful video card for such a casual gamer. Playing todays games with a Radeon 9550 isn't that rewarding with a 30 or less FPS.

Posted by James Henry on May 02, 2006.

Well your not alone anymore!

Got a new computer yesterday and it's a huge jump from my old Dell Dimension 4550:

ASUS A8N32-SLI DELUXE
    AMD ATHLON 64 X2 4200+ (Dual Core baby!)
    2GB RAM
    ASUS EN7900GTX (512MB)

Gaming MMMnes.

Posted by James Henry on May 07, 2006.