Posted Aug 01, 2006 in Personal.
This entry is inspired by something my good friend James Henry said in the comments of my previous post. I mentioned that we have masses of air conditioning running (in a battle with 97° heat), and he said:
Wow, I wonder how high your electric bill is :)
I can't talk though, I like my room to be in the mid 60's.
I shall pass over his misuse of the apostrophe to talk about things that I simply cannot do without. I have learned that air conditioning is one of those absolutely must have things. I am sure the list of such things is different for everyone, but here is mine, in no particular order:
- Air conditioning
- Soft toilet paper
- A really comfortable and supportive bed
- Sheets with a thread count of at least 600 (although I have found 1000+ to be a bit too heavy)
- A car
- A computer with internet access
- Television - preferably with some sort of digital video recorder
- Heat, light, running water, etc.
- A comfy chair/sofa for watching television
- A cellular phone
I've bashed this list down in a hurry, and I may edit it if I have forgotten something, but that is essentially it. Please feel free to post your own lists in the comments. I am sure they will make fascinating reading!