Posted Aug 28, 2006 in Miscellaneous.
It has been almost three weeks since my last dollop of nonsense. I've been so appalled at the state of the world recently, it has rendered me speechless. Everything from the media's fascination with John Mark Karr (it wasn't him) to America's obsession with absolute shit (she was pretty damn good, I must admit) on television. If these are supposed to be the things that really matter, I might as well end it all right now. Anyway, I present my occasional list of unconnected things for you to chew on:
- You on the bicycle! You are supposed to stop at stop signs just like the rest of us. And why are you riding down the wrong side of the street? Why is your friend cycling on the sidewalk? And is that cyclist going the wrong way down a one-way street? Where's a fucking police officer when you want one?
- I've been watching Brian Williams' excellent “Early Nightly” report on his Daily Nightly blog. It is often more insightful that the main “Nightly News” broadcast.
- Much to my surprise, I've been bitten by the genealogy bug recently. I signed-up for Genes Reunited, and discovered that many of my family were using the service too.
- It's too humid and there are too many bugs. I can't wait for winter.
- I saw Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby the other day. It wasn't a particularly good movie, but I enjoyed it anyway. As a NASCAR fan, there was plenty to keep me happy.
- All of a sudden, there seem to be umpteen scares involving aircraft. Since the British police foiled the recent plot to bomb US-bound planes, all the crazies have come out to play. Now we have flights being diverted because of stroppy women, hoaxes, and folks trying to get on board with all manner of obviously-prohibited items. Why are people so fucking stupid all the time?
I expect that I'll be posting thoughts on potential candidates for the “Leader of the Free World” (such bullshit) job fairly soon. I still can't vote, but that isn't going to stop me from spouting my usual opinionated political waffle!