Posted Nov 07, 2006 in Politics.
This is a message to all my American friends and family. Please remember to exercise your right to vote today. Consider the record of the current administration as you vote:
- We live in a polarized nation.
- Vital stem cell research has been curtailed.
- There has been no reform of our corrupt government, with lobbyists and special interests determining how the country has been run.
- The rights of women have been compromised.
- The Supreme Court, interpreters of the Constitution, no longer reflects the people of America.
- America is now the most hated nation in the world.
- Trillions of dollars have been pissed away on a war nobody wanted, and billions have been lost by mismanagement and profligacy.
- The Religious Right controls the nation, with policy being decided by misguided evangelicals.
- Our soldiers are dying in a religious conflict that has nothing to do with us, and certainly has little to do with international terrorism.
This nation needs change. This nation needs balance. This nation needs fixing. This nation needs to vote Democrat.