The Creme Egg is smaller!

Posted Mar 02, 2007 in Personal.

I look forward to eating Cadbury's Creme Eggs every Easter. Here in the United States, they are made by The Hershey Company, and they are identical in all but one respect: the American version is smaller!. The US egg is 1.2 ounces, and everywhere else on the planet gets 1.4 ounces. We are cheated out of 15% of delicious fondant happiness.

Not content with making disgusting facsimiles of famous Cadbury products with their own waxy version of chocolate, Hershey's are now cheating us out of the true meaning of Easter, as far as I'm concerned. I consider this to be a personal affront, because the Creme Eggs in their current form (only larger!) first appeared in the year of my birth, 1971. So give us back the .2 ounces you stole from us, Hershey's. Bastards!

Incidentally, if you're in the USA and you want to buy some British Easter Eggs (made with proper chocolate) this year, visit UK Goods and place an order!

Comments

I think you mean 0.2Oz, not 2oz ;)

Posted by xSmurf on Mar 02, 2007.

Quite right xSmurf. I took care of it. Hershey's made me so mad I can't even do basic math.

Posted by Simon Jessey on Mar 02, 2007.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SIMON

Yes folks, it will be 36 years on Tuesday that Simon began his epic journey through life just like the first Cadbury creme egg. He was born in a town called Rochford in England but I have no idea where the creme eggs went into production. It's typical that Simon loves the Cadbury creme eggs so much that he's taken the time to find out when it first went into production...

Given the choice for an Easter present, I would much rather have Simon. After all, the Cadbury creme eggs are produced in thousands every year and last but only a moment (except for on the hips) whereas, Simon...

Have a great birthday on Tuesday, Son.
    Love,
    Mum x

Posted by Mum on Mar 03, 2007.

Man i LOVE those eggs. I guess i'll make up the .2oz deficit by just eating two eggs at a time inatead of one!

Posted by Graham Peel on Mar 03, 2007.

I really wish I actually liked chocolate as much as I did when I was younger. I used to absolutely LOVE creme eggs when I was younger.

Posted by James Henry on Mar 03, 2007.

Oh by the way - happy birthday :)

Posted by James Henry on Mar 03, 2007.

I tasted these eggs while being in the UK. They really tasted good - but here in germany, there are even better ones :)

Posted by Oliver Timmermann on Mar 14, 2007.

I do indeed love the "real" Cadbury eggs, even in Australia we get the full size Creme Eggs, I'll be thinking of your inferior eggs while munching on many this Easter. :)

Posted by Shonky on Mar 16, 2007.

My sister sent some real Creme Eggs over to me from England for my 36th. The "care package" also included some of my favorite butter tablet fudge and an Eccles cake!

Posted by Simon Jessey on Mar 17, 2007.

Check out what we got up to with our creme eggs.

Posted by Mark Andrich on Apr 03, 2007.

That was pretty funny. I hope you don't mind, but I've changed your links so that the video is clickable and now your "name" goes to your main site.

Posted by Simon Jessey on Apr 04, 2007.

Conan O'Brian late night show just showed this fraud on national television! They showed an egg from a year or 2 ago compared to a new egg. Good for Conan!!! :)

They are doing this to all sorts of products! Look at all the "half gallon" containers of ice cream that are now only 1.75 quarts!! they did not lower the price when they lowered the size!

Posted by Anonymous on Apr 04, 2007.

You are all flaming idiots. There is no difference between American Creme Eggs and UK Creme Eggs because they all come from the same place. It is the only Cadbury product that Hershey imports from the UK and does not make themselves. ALL CADBURY CREME EGGS COME FROM THE SAME FACTORY.

Yes, they have gotten smaller, but they don't have different ingredients and they don't taste different because they're made by a different factory. They're not. All American Cadbury Creme Eggs are made from the exact same thing as British Cadbury Creme Eggs.

Posted by Wokka on Apr 05, 2007.

I never said American Creme Eggs were made with different chocolate, Wokka. I said that apart from their size, they are identical to the British version. I said that regular Easter eggs are made from different chocolate. Learn to read and parse sentences properly.

Posted by Simon Jessey on Apr 06, 2007.

Um yeah you did

>I never said American Creme Eggs were made with different chocolate, Wokka. I >said that apart from their size, they are identical to the British version. I >said that regular Easter eggs are made from different chocolate. Learn to read >and parse sentences properly.

then wtf is this about herseys using their OWN waxy version on chocolate? BTW it looks like you could use a few less calories

>>Not content with making disgusting facsimiles of famous Cadbury products with >>their own waxy version of chocolate, Hershey's are now cheating us out of the >>true meaning of Easter, as far as I'm concerned.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr 08, 2007.

Add me to the list of the outraged. But let's not get off the topic with a discussion of the relative merits of Hershey's chocolate. I know that since it is the best in the world, others tend to be insanely jealous.

Posted by Mr. Shiney on Apr 08, 2007.

OMG Check this out!

They are smaller!

Posted by xSmurf on Apr 08, 2007.

"then wtf is this about herseys using their OWN waxy version on chocolate?"

Like I said. You need to learn how to read and parse sentences properly. At NO TIME do I say that the Hershey's version of the Creme Egg is made from their own chocolate. They are made by Cadbury, in England. But the Hershey-branded version is smaller. All other Cadbury products sold in the US, such as "Fruit 'n' Nut" are made by Hershey, using shitty waxy American chocolate. Creme Eggs are the exception, not the rule.

"BTW it looks like you could use a few less calories"

Absolutely right. Although you can't read properly, it is clear that you are still capable of looking at the pictures. There's hope for you yet.

Posted by Simon Jessey on Apr 09, 2007.

No doubt about it. Cadbury conspiracy Pwned : P

Posted by surearesmaller on Apr 12, 2007.

haha.
    I hella didn't even know! I LOVE these things!!

Posted by JoblessPunk on Apr 13, 2007.