Strawberry Cheesecake Bars
- For the base:
- 2½ cups of superfine almond flour.
- ½ cup of powdered sugar substitute (we recommend BochaSweet)
- ½ cup of melted butter
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 pinches of salt
- For the filling:
- 16oz of softened cream cheese
- 1¼ cup of heavy whipping cream
- ¾ cup of powdered sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 2 pints of quartered and lightly mashed strawberries that are sweetened to taste
For the base, preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). To a large mixing bowl, add the almond flour, powdered sugar substitute, and salt. Mix until combined. Add the butter, eggs, and vanilla extra. Mix until combined into a soft batter, and press it out into a casserole dish. Bake for 20-25 minutes, checking after 15 minutes to make sure it isn't burning the edges. Leave to cool, then refrigerate overnight.
For the filling, add the cream cheese and powdered sugar substitute to a large mixing bowl and beat until smooth. Add the cream and vanilla extract and continue beating until smooth and fluffy. Fold in the strawberries.
To assemble, dollop the filling over the base and level it out as best you can. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 3 hours, and preferably overnight. It should yield around 8 portions and is best served with whipped cream and extra strawberries. Keep covered in the fridge.
For dieters, each "bar" or serving has the following nutrional information:
- "Net carbs" just counting fiber
- "Net carbs" counting fiber and sugar alcohols