"Chicken Juice" (Orange Burgandy Chicken)
- 2½ to 3lbs of frying chicken, cut up
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- ½ a teaspoon of seasoned salt
- ⅜ of a teaspoon of pepper, if desired
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 tablespoons of corn starch
- ¼ of a teaspoon of salt
- ½ a cup of apricot marmalade
- ½ a cup of orange juice
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- ½ a cup of Burgandy (or dry red wine)
- 1 orange, thinly sliced, if desired
In a large skillet, brown the chicken in butter. Sprinkle with half a teaspoon of salt and pepper. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients except the Burgandy wine and orange slices. Pour the mixture over the chicken. Cover and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes until tender, stirring occasionally. Add the wine and orange slices and continue simmering for 10 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Brown the chicken. Sprinkle with half a teaspoon of salt and pepper. Arrange the chicken in an ungreased 13 x 9 inch pan. Combine the remaining ingredients except the wine and orange slices. Pour the mixture over the chicken and cover with foil. Bake for 1 hour, adding the wine and orange slices during the last 15 minutes of baking time.