Chocolate Layer Gateau
- 4oz of white breadcrumbs
- 4oz of Demerara or Turbinado sugar
- 4 tablespoons of Cadbury drinking chocolate
- 1 tablespoon of coffee powder
- 1½ pints of whipping cream
- Slivered chocolate to decorate
Put the bowl of your stand mixer into the freezer to chill in preparation for whipping the cream. Ideally, do the same for a tall-sided glass serving bowl. Combine the breadcrumbs, sugar, drinking chocolate and coffee by pouring into a Ziploc bag and shaking it. Whip the cream until it forms soft peaks. Put a layer of cream into your tall-sided glass bowl, followed by a layer of the crumb mix. Continue layering and end with a layer of cream. Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for at least 12 hours. Decorate with the slivered chocolate before serving.
Recipe courtesy of Brenda Jessey.