Sticky Toffee Pudding
- 4 ounces (115ml) of vegetable oil
- ¾ cup (175g) of light brown sugar
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup (230g) of sieved self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 teaspoons of Camp coffee
- ½lb (225g) of pitted dates, chopped
- 1 cup (270ml) of boiling water
Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line an 8-inch (20cm) loose bottom cake tin with greaseproof paper. In a mixing bowl, mix together the vegetable oil and sugar, then slowly add the 4 beaten eggs. Fold in the sieved flour and set aside.
Mix the baking soda and Camp coffee and pour this over the chopped dates, followed by the boiling water. Mix well, allow to cool for 10 minutes and then pour on to the creamed pudding mixture.
Bring together to create a very runny batter. Pour into the prepared cake tin and bake for 75 minutes until springy to touch. Serve with vanilla ice cream.